RICHMOND SEDATION DENTISTRY
Sedation Dentist in Richmond, TX
Dental Anxiety? No Worries!
If the thought of undergoing a complicated dental procedure makes you feel uneasy, you’re not alone. Our friendly staff knows that along with clear communication between doctor and patient and a stress-free, relaxed atmosphere, sedation is a wonderful tool to ease the anxiety associated with a visit to the dentist’s office.
Oral sedation is the strongest option, and is used to help our patients relax during their treatment. Once your dental treatment is completed, a friend or relative can drive you home for a safe and easy recovery.
Nitrous sedation, more commonly known as “laughing gas,” is a another option for people who need help relaxing in the dentist’s chair. Simply breathe in the gas, and remain aware but relaxed as our trustworthy staff takes great care of your teeth.
Why Would I Need To Be Sedated At The Dentist?
Our patients choose to be sedated for a wide variety of reasons. A few of the most common reasons for choosing to be sedated include:
- Dental anxiety – This is the most common reason that patients opt for sedation dentistry. Dental anxiety affects somewhere between 9-20% of Americans, and sedation options make it possible to get the care you need while avoiding nerves and stress.
- For comfort during a long procedure – Sitting in the dentist’s chair for more than an hour or two can be very difficult for some patients. Kids, in particular, may struggle to stay still and tend to move around, which is not ideal during complex procedures. Many patients opt to be sedated simply to keep them more comfortable during treatment.
- Mitigate the fear of needles – Even if you are not afraid of the dentist, needles may make you uncomfortable. This fear is very common and can make it difficult for Dr. Sung or Dr. Nguyen to administer numbing agents during routine dental procedures. Sedation will keep you calm, and help alleviate the fear of needles.
- Strong gag reflex – If you have a strong gag reflex, it can be difficult for our doctors to operate in the rear of your mouth. Sedation helps suppress the gag reflex, making it easier for you to get treatment.
What Are The Benefits Of Sedation Dentistry?
No matter what dental treatment you need from Grand Mission Dentistry, sedation options can benefit every patient:
- Relax and stay more comfortable – No matter what method of sedation you choose, you’ll feel more comfortable while you’re at the dentist. If you opt for oral conscious sedation, you may even fall asleep!
- Can be used for patients of all ages – For patients 18+, we offer oral conscious sedation. For younger pediatric patients, Dr. Sung and Dr. Nguyen prefer to use laughing gas (minimally inhaled sedation). If you’re interested in sedation dentistry for your child, ask our dentists about it during your next appointment.
- Easily have multiple procedures performed – Sedation is a great tool if you need extensive dental work, such as multiple fillings or crowns. It helps you stay more comfortable while sitting in the dentist’s chair for multiple hours so that you can get the treatment you need in just one appointment.
- Avoid dental anxiety – Most people with dental anxiety avoid the dentist altogether, which leads to poor oral health outcomes. With our kind, understanding, and patient-focused approach and our sedation options, the team at Grand Mission Dentistry can guarantee that you’ll feel comfortable and get the treatment you need, even if you suffer from severe dental anxiety.
If you think that you or one of your family members could benefit from sedation, contact Grand Mission Dentistry now for more information or schedule a consultation.
At Grand Mission Dentistry, we understand that a trip to the dentist can cause a lot of anxiety for some patients. That is why we are happy to offer our patients several sedation options when it comes to helping you relax. It is our goal to not only ease your concerns, but give you a stress-free and relaxing experience in the dentist’s chair. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have – so call today and let us plan an appointment that is calm and relaxing through the use of sedation dentistry.
"My experience with Dr. William Sung was very comforting, and everyone was so nice and helpful. Erica and Dr. Sung took care of me and were very patient with me. I would recommend this dental office to anyone!"
"Had the best experience with Dr. Sung. First impressions were awesome, and the staff was welcoming and attentive. Would definitely come back here!"
"Dr. Sung is awesome! So nice and did a great job! I’ll definitely be back!"
"Had 2 of my wisdom teeth extracted and my cleaning done by Dr. Sung. He was extremely patient and his assistant was super nice and helpful. Definitely coming back for my fillings!"
"Recently had a dental exam with Dr. Sung. He was very informative and definitely went out of his way to make me feel comfortable with my treatment plan. The office is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Overall, this office is amazing."
"This office is great. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Sung, he was very kind and informative. I will definitely be back for my treatments."