Invisalign in Richmond, TX
Grand Mission Dentistry
Appropriate for adults and children alike, Invisalign is a powerful corrective method. From misalignment to bite issues, Grand Mission Dentistry will help you understand the basics of this clear orthodontic solution.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional metal braces. While traditional braces use wires, metal brackets, and rubber bands to straighten teeth, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners. These aligners apply gentle pressure to help shift the position of teeth and adjust the bite. Best of all, Invisalign aligners are created from clear plastic, making your treatment nearly invisible.
How Does Invisalign Work?
First, you’ll meet with Dr. William Sung at Grand Mission Dentistry who will do an initial exam and consultation to ensure Invisalign is right for you. If you are a good candidate, impressions will be taken of your teeth, and a treatment plan will be created by your doctor.
Your impression will then be sent to Invisalign where your custom aligners will be made. Once they’re sent to Grand Mission Dentistry, you’ll come in to make sure they’re a good fit.
You’ll wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them only when brushing, flossing, and eating. Every two weeks, you’ll change your aligners out for a new set. And every six weeks, you’ll come in for checkups to ensure that your teeth are shifting correctly, and to pick up a few more sets of aligners.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
If you’re thinking about getting Invisalign, you may be wondering how long this orthodontic treatment typically takes to complete. In most cases, Invisalign is quite a bit faster then orthodontic treatment with traditional braces, which can take up to 2-3 years.
Most typical Invisalign treatments take about a year to treat, and each set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks. Total treatment typically involves around 24 aligners in total, thought this can vary based on a number of factors. Not everyone will be able to straighten their teeth in under a year with Invisalign.
Factors That Affect The Length Of Invisalign Treatment
There are a number of factors that can affect the length of your Invisalign treatment at Grand Mission Dentistry. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to your treatment time:
- The complexity of your case – The primary factor that affects your overall treatment time is the complexity of your case. If your smile only has minor issues, such as a few gaps or crooked teeth, your Invisalign treatment may take less than a year.
However, if you have a number of crooked teeth and other cosmetic issues, the time it takes to correct your smile may be quite a bit longer. If you’re interested in orthodontics in Richmond, and you’re curious about how long it will take to correct your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Sung or Dr. Nguyen today.
- Wearing your aligners for the proper amount of time – You need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day. Essentially, you should be wearing your Invisalign aligners whenever you aren’t eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth. If you don’t wear your aligners properly, your treatment could be extended by weeks or even months.
- Changing your aligners on the correct date – You also must be conscientious and switch to a new set of aligners whenever you’re instructed to by Dr. Sung or Dr. Nguyen. You’ll get 3 sets of aligners at a time from our office, so it’s up to you to follow your treatment schedule properly.
- Keeping your aligners safe and protected – If you damage or break one of your aligners, or if you misplace them, you’ll need to have a replacement manufactured, which will take time and cause your treatment to fall behind schedule.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are quite a few benefits to choosing Invisalign over traditional metal braces for your orthodontic needs:
- Nearly invisible: Invisalign aligners are made of thin, transparent plastic that’s nearly undetectable to the naked eye. No one has to know about the treatment except for you.
- Removable: Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners are removable. This allows you to maintain a better level of oral hygiene compared to metal braces. In addition, you can remove Invisalign aligners to eat, so you won’t have to deal with food restrictions while undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Comfortable: Metal braces can poke and prod your gums and mouth. With smooth plastic, and gentle pressure, you’ll have a more comfortable orthodontic experience.
- Convenient: Traditional braces usually require frequent appointments for tightening and rewiring. This can be time consuming and inconvenient to fit into your schedule. Invisalign doesn’t require adjustments, just a quick check every six weeks to make sure you’re on track.
Why Grand Mission Dentistry Is The Best Choice For Invisalign Treatment
If you’re interested in orthodontics in Richmond, Grand Mission Dentistry can help with compassionate care and effective treatment. Both Dr. Sung and Dr. Nguyen have years of experience with Invisalign and can provide you with a custom treatment plan that will correct your smile as quickly as possible.
With our informative and caring approach to orthodontics, we’ll make sure that you get the treatment that’s right for you, whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, or if traditional braces may be more appropriate for your situation. We’ll explain your options, and ensure that you get the care you need to love your smile again.
"My experience with Dr. William Sung was very comforting, and everyone was so nice and helpful. Erica and Dr. Sung took care of me and were very patient with me. I would recommend this dental office to anyone!"
"Had the best experience with Dr. Sung. First impressions were awesome, and the staff was welcoming and attentive. Would definitely come back here!"
"Dr. Sung is awesome! So nice and did a great job! I’ll definitely be back!"
"Had 2 of my wisdom teeth extracted and my cleaning done by Dr. Sung. He was extremely patient and his assistant was super nice and helpful. Definitely coming back for my fillings!"
"Recently had a dental exam with Dr. Sung. He was very informative and definitely went out of his way to make me feel comfortable with my treatment plan. The office is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Overall, this office is amazing."
"This office is great. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Sung, he was very kind and informative. I will definitely be back for my treatments."