Many people suffer from the embarrassment of crooked or crowded teeth. Braces are one of the most obvious orthodontic solutions, but with more and more kids and adults having their teeth straightened, there is another option known as Invisalign. Invisalign is a clear set of hard plastic aligners that are custom-made to fit your mouth. During the first several months, they must be checked and updated while they work to align your teeth into the optimum position. Adults and teenagers like Invisalign because the clear aligners are virtually unnoticeable.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that can be used to improve the appearance of one’s smile. It can be used for patients with mild to moderate misalignment and can also be used to adjust the bite. Invisalign treatments are available for patients who have an overbite, crossbite, or underbite. Clear plastic aligner trays are used to gradually shift the teeth into perfect alignment. Wearing the trays for at least 20 hours every day accomplishes this. The trays are simply removed, allowing patients to maintain their oral health and wellness by flossing and brushing as usual without having to worry about brackets and wires complicating things.
Advantages of Invisalign
There are various benefits of using Invisalign instead of traditional iron braces. Here are some advantages of using a clear set of aligners:
- Comfort: Invisalign is far more physically comfortable to wear. You don’t have to worry about uncomfortable nicks or cuts in your mouth because there are no wires or brackets. They are silky and will not bother your mouth. The aligners resemble a mouth guard and have no sharp edges.
- More Attractive: Because Invisalign is clear, you won’t have a mouth full of metal. In other words, they are more visually appealing, and most people will not notice you are wearing them. That means you can smile freely and without feeling self-conscious. As a result, there are no age restrictions, and adults frequently prefer this kind of orthodontic treatment.
- Convenience: Because Invisalign has become the standard for teeth straightening, you don’t have to bother with metal braces. This makes them highly convenient, especially since they are widely available.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners may be removed to eat, brush your teeth, and floss. That is impossible to achieve with braces. It allows you to consume the foods you like and practice better oral care, which reduces your risk of developing gum disease while straightening your teeth. You won’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck in your braces, as is common with regular braces.
- Minimal Care: Invisalign aligners require very little upkeep. When you wear them, they can become dingy with time, but you can refresh them by dipping a toothbrush in a small quantity of bleach and water. Any stains will be removed after a minute of scrubbing. This just needs to be done every other day.
We hope this post has given you some knowledge about Invisalign. What works for one person may not work for you, so make sure that Invisalign is the greatest option for straightening your teeth. If you are seeking the best dentist in Richmond, TX, visit our dentists at Grand Mission Dentistry to find out if Invisalign is the best option for you.